If you follow me you know that I live in the gorgeous Sonoma Valley, the heart of the wine country and yes a fabulous difficult not to love location. But that doesn’t mean I don’t need a reminder to embrace and appreciate all that our area has to offer-there is more to Sonoma than wine tasting. Which lead me to write this post, to discuss and remind you and me, to visit attractions and locations near to you but that may not be on your radar.
Loving and enjoying where you live involves appreciating your surroundings and making the most of the resources and opportunities available.
Explore Local Parks and Nature:
- Take walks, hikes, or bike rides in nearby parks or nature reserves. I tend to get stuck doing the same walk every day but this year I am committed to finding a new location at least once a month.
- Have a picnic or simply relax and enjoy the natural beauty around you.
Attend Local Events:
- Keep an eye on community events, festivals, farmers markets, and cultural activities. We have so many events in our area and guess who misses out on them-me!- because I do not take the time to research what is going on in my own community.
Visit Historical Sites:
- Learn about the history of your area by exploring museums, historical landmarks, and heritage sites.
- Attend guided tours to gain a deeper understanding of your community’s past. We have a trip planned at the end of February to the Black Chasm Cavern, photos to come.
Support Local Businesses:
- Discover local shops, cafes, and restaurants. Support small businesses and savor the unique offerings in your area.
- Attend farmers’ markets to connect with local producers and artisans. We have a fabulous Farmers Market every Tuesday April-September with music, artisans, flowers and produce, gourmet food products. A tradition where friends and family meet all summer long. I love it!